Director: Christin Preston
615-369-3547 ext. 327
What is Shining Stars?
Shining Stars is the Girl’s Recreational Team at Let It Shine. The demands are less strenuous and less demanding than other competitive programs offered at Let It Shine.
Who is eligible?
- Ages: 6-16
- Gymnasts in the Advanced Girls Rec program often consider Shining Stars as the next step. Please contact Christin Preston (Director) to schedule an evaluation.
- Requirements prior to evaluation: Pullover & back hip circle on bars. Bridge kick-over on floor.
What are the costs associated with the team?
Tuition: $100-$160 Team Leotard: $45 Meet fees: Usually in the vicinity of $60/meet
What is the mission of Shining Stars?
Our mission is to promote self-confidence and team cohesiveness through gymnastics in a safe, fun, competitive, Christ-centered environment. We hope to provide an alternative route for athletes to explore and grow their gymnastics abilities.
What are the goals of the program?
- For gymnasts to continually grow and improve upon their gymnastics abilities
- Compete in at least 2 competitions per season (December-April)
- Expand knowledge of gymnastics by educating both gymnasts and parents
- Help gymnasts set and reach their individual goals
What is the structure of the program?
Classes begin with a warm-up and stretch as a team, followed by prayer. Classes will include strength and conditioning along with training on all four Olympic Events: Vault, Bars, Beam and Floor. Gymnasts learn USAG routines for competitions.
How many times per week do the girls practice?
Practice is held in the Tumble Building.
Level 2 = 2 hours/week
Level 3 = 3 hours/week
Level 4 & 5 = 4 hours/week
Please turn to the back of this page to look at the practice options.
What are “rec meets?”
“Rec meets” are friendly competitions between recreational teams from different gyms. They are non-sanctioned events where coaches act as judges. The goal is for gymnasts to meet athletes from other gyms and exhibit what they have learned. Awards are given for each event by highest to lowest scores.
Competing is required!
The meet season starts in December and ends in April. There is one competition per month. Gymnasts must attend 2 meets each season. All communication is done via email for meet information. December, February and April competitions take place at ETC Gymnastics in Murfreesboro. January and March competitions take place at Let It Shine in the main gym.
- Please make sure your email is updated on your family account.
- All families must have a card on file to register for meets.
2019 Fall Practice Schedule
All classes are held in the Tumble Building: 1886 General George Patton Dr.
Homeschool Class: Level 2 & 3 $108/month (discounted)
Tuesday & Thursday 2:30-4:00
2 hrs/week $106/month
Monday & Wednesday 4:00-5:00
Monday & Wednesday 5:00-6:00
Monday & Wednesday 6:00-7:00
Tuesday & Thursday 5:45-6:45
Saturday 9:00-11:00 am
Saturday 11:00 am-1:00 pm
3 hrs/week $123.5/month
Tuesday & Thursday 4:15-5:45
Tuesday & Thursday 6:45-8:15
Monday & Wednesday 7:00-8:30
Saturday 9:00-11:00 am
Level 4 & 5
4 hrs/week $153.5/month
Monday & Wednesday 4:15-6:15
Tuesday & Thursday 6:30-8:30